- High mechanical load capacity of up to 190 tons: Containers are stackable and bayable
- Flexible and mobile installation and relocation (even with little space and without consideration of existing structural infrastructure)
- Time-saving setup: everything is at ground level, racks and infrastructure technology are pre-installed
- Fixed, calculable costs: budget certainty, as there is no need for expenditure on upgrading the building
- Reversible side walls in the non-ISO container: additional containers can be docked to obtain a larger area
- Can be transported worldwide, including equipment: If the company moves, the data center can simply be taken with it
- Particularly cost-effective ISO containers through use of a standard product
- Optimum use of space in the ISO container thanks to sliding racks
- Ideal interim solution for emergencies or during construction work
- Extinguishing waterproof
- Energy efficient cooling
- Hot aisle/cold aisle
- Protection against debris loads
A data center container, optionally in ISO or non-ISO dimensions, houses the active IT systems and the entire physical infrastructure – UPS, air conditioning and fire protection.
The costs for setting up a container data center can be planned precisely because there are no surprises due to the existing building fabric. Modular expansion is quickly possible if required. The physical infrastructure components are also modularized and thus optimally adapted to actual requirements.
To make optimum use of the space in the ISO containers, the racks are mounted on smooth-running rails. This means that they can be moved during maintenance work in the Mobile Data Center while the system is in operation. The wider non-ISO containers offer sufficient space for maintenance work even with fixed racks.
You can not only buy data center containers from EDP, but also rent or lease them. A rental solution is ideal for interim solutions during building conversions, for temporary load peaks or even for mobile roadshows. Just a few days after placing the order, the rented modular data center can start operations.
The container data center is equipped with the following infrastructure:
- ISO container 20 feet – design according to WK-3
- Fire protection access door
- Fire safety rating of the container F90
- 5 racks 42 U, 600 mm wide, 1000 mm deep
- 2 x power supply strips per rack with 16 A each and SNMP management for monitoring
- Remote monitoring system for temperature and humidity monitoring
- UPS with a power of 20 kW with an autonomy time of about 8 minutes at full load.
- Electrical subdistribution
- Air conditioners 20 kW with redundancy n+1
- Smoke aspiration system (RAS) for fire detection, extinguishing gas system with extinguishing agent storage in container, pressure relief flap
- Fire- and smoke-proof cable bushings
- Cold/warm aisle separation inside the container
- Biometric access control